[Catalyst] Authentication in a Many Database Scenario

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:01:44 GMT 2012

On 9 May 2012 21:51, Steve <steve at matsch.com> wrote:
> I have such an application, albeit a small one with multiple databases - one
> per customer.  I store all the users in a single, separate database, and for
> each user, store a reference to their particular database.  Once
> authenticated, I use InstancePerContext to build the appropriate database
> model.  It works fine.

Something I've frequently seen is putting memcached in front of the
user/session database, this allows you to abstract away (and
denormalize if necessary) that database nicely and only worry about
your application/site database in most of the application itself -
especially for mass hosting sites, or dealing with large clusters of
split databases (by region, country, white-label, etc)

Cheers,

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk