[Catalyst] OpenID authentication just redirects back to the login page

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:37:03 GMT 2012

I am trying to add OpenID logins to my site. I've looked at several examples
of this, but whenever I run

  if ($c->authenticate({ openid_identifier => $openid_url }, 'openid')) {

  }

It redirects to the OpenID provider, and then redirects back to the login
page with added URL paramaters (oic.time, openid-check, openid.assoc_handle,
openid.claimed_id, openid.identity, etc.)

This doesn't seem like it's doing what it's supposed to be.

Any idea's what's happening?