[Catalyst] LDAP question

Robert Wohlfarth rbwohlfarth at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:42:48 GMT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Kenneth S Mclane <ksmclane at us.ibm.com>wrot=
e:

> They are apparently doing the initial bind with the credentials submitted
> by the user, I am getting invalid credentials the way I have it above, if=
> change it to anonymous I get a "LDAP Error while searching for user: No
> such object".  I could use some suggestions.

I dealt with an LDAP server that required you to login to query your own
information. The standard Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP does not
work with this model. So I wrote a credential module that did nothing more
than connect to the LDAP server. If the connection succeeded, then that
user is authenticated.

E-mail me off list if you would like a copy of that credential module.

-- =

Robert Wohlfarth
rbwohlfarth at gmail.com