[Catalyst] Role problems, Still

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu May 24 15:06:33 GMT 2012

On 24 May 2012, at 13:45, Kenneth S Mclane wrote:

> Well since the passwords are maintained by a company wide system and can be authenticated via LDAP, I don't think I want to reinvent the authorization, since it is working.
> I think I will just reinvent the role checking, which should be much simpler.

Erm? The role checking _is_ the authorisation??

You mean 'the authentication'?

And I'm not suggesting you re-invent it… I was suggesting you continue to do it from LDAP?

> My question is: can I store the role information in the user session? I'll be reading up on that today. Maybe one day I'll get ambitious and figure out how to do it the way I wanted to.

sure, you can just subclass the user class with your own user class to override the 'roles' method, and the 'for_session' and 'from_session' methods to do what you want.

Cheers
t0m