[Catalyst] Changing Formhandler field-type/widget based on Catalyst user-role

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Thu May 24 15:28:06 GMT 2012

Hmm. Still puzzled as to what solution might work with that approach. Maybe
changing-field-type is philosophically questionable, but the mechanism
still looks like it should work. :) But didn't.

So we're off to try more FormHandler magic from a different angle (not
catalyst-affected, so we're posting on the formhandler list for that).

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Denny <2012 at denny.me> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 23:24 -0500, will trillich wrote:
> > Short version: How can we toggle field "X" from being a Select (popup)
> > for Admin users, to being a Hidden (nothing visible, but the value is
> > maintained) for Manager users?
>
> Short answer; don't.
>
> If you're maintaining the value for users who aren't allowed to change
> it, then you don't want it in your form data.  Form submissions can be
> spoofed, so you'd have to double-check the value (or drop it) in your
> Perl code anyway... so you might as well just do that, and remove it
> entirely from the HTML (which seems to be a simpler problem?)
>
> Regards,
> Denny

> Searchable archive:

-- =

=93Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.=94  -- Seth Go=
din