[Catalyst] Deep Recursion error and then connection reset

Kenneth S Mclane ksmclane at us.ibm.com
Thu May 31 19:25:02 GMT 2012

I am getting this error "Deep recursion on subroutine "Storable::nfreeze"
at /usr/local/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ResultSourceHandle.pm line 95." in my
debug output and then the connection is reset after the authentication
while getting the user role with this sql:

SELECT role.role, user.id, user.username, role.id, role.role FROM
user_role me  JOIN users user ON user.id = me.user_id  JOIN role role ON
role.id = me.role_id WHERE ( user.username = ? ): 'ksmclane at us.ibm.com'

Geberated by this code:

my $roles = $c->model('authdb::UserRole')->find( { 'user.username' =>
$username }, {
                                prefetch => ['user', 'role'],
                                columns => 'role.role',
                        });
                        $c->session(role => $roles);

It was working and then stopped. I had to change the model, I was using
'authdb::User' but the nested relationships in my prefetch quit working so
I switched to the chid table. Both those relationships are 'belong_to'.
I'm not sure what is going on.