[Catalyst] Object / Application Instantiation & User Requests

Craig Chant craig at homeloanpartnership.com
Fri Nov 16 13:54:07 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how Catalyst auto instantiates objects in your application such as models.

When a worker process is triggered, and the application is loaded, does that one process handle requests for all users of the application.

So for example is only one instance of a model instantiated that all users interact with as requests come in or is a new object or even application created for each user (I guess based on sessionid?)

I assume the context ($c) object is created for each request, but uses already instantiated model objects?

Help understanding when an object is instantiated by Catalyst and it's lifecycle is appreciated.

Regards,

Craig.

This Email and any attachments contain confidential information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If this Email has been misdirected, please notify the author as soon as possible. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained, and all copies must be deleted immediately. Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any software viruses, any attachments to this e-mail may nevertheless contain viruses, which our anti-virus software has failed to identify. You should therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents. HomeLoan Partnership will not accept any liability for damage caused by computer viruses emanating from any attachment or other document supplied with this e-mail. HomeLoan Partnership reserves the right to monitor and archive all e-mail communications through its network. No representative or employee of HomeLoan Partnership has the authority to enter into any contract on behalf of HomeLoan Partnership by email. HomeLoan Partnership is a trading name of H L Partnership Limited, registered in England and Wales with Registration Number 5011722. Registered office: 26-34 Old Street, London, EC1V 9QQ. H L Partnership Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.