[Catalyst] Canot get application working on IIS7 via FastCGI

Craig Chant craig at homeloanpartnership.com
Thu Oct 18 14:17:30 GMT 2012

Thanks Lyle / Hugh,

I've checked the following folders:-

c:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles
C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\HTTPERR

Plus :- Turn Windows features on or off

But there isn't any options for :- Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Health and Diagnostics\HTTP Logging

Though It seems logging is on as there are files in HTTPERR folder, but none containing any of the information wanted regarding :- debug or print STDERR

Like you suggested Lyle, I created the files myself for output!

Usually my perl apps run using :-

use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser warningsToBrowser/;

So I get errors outputted to the browser. Though I would point out that whatever Active State did to the latest perl release for IIS, 'die' no longer outputs a header first so a lot of my scripts now give '500 Internal Server Error' and I'm having to fix them as I go, which is one of the reasons I want to refactor the app to use Catalyst, apart from gaining MVC cuteness and a better architecture I was hoping for better error handling being sent to the browser which it seems 'die' coupled with ' StackTrace' gives, so I'm moving in the right direction. :-)

Anyways, I got the required info in the end, so let's hope someone can advise on a solution as to why the path mapping isn't working?

Kind regards,

Craig.