[Catalyst] Canot get application working on IIS7 via FastCGI

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Oct 23 21:31:16 GMT 2012

On 23 Oct 2012, at 22:03, Lyle wrote:

>>> Otherwise you get issues when people try to open files with a relative path.
>>
>> This is normal in other web servers also.
>>
>> Doing that is broken, we provide $app->path_to so you don't ever have to do that.
>
> How is it broken?

Because, as much as possible, code should attempt to separate concerns.

The pwd should be the responsibility of the web server layer, not a dependency of your application component.

Standard daemonization techniques include a chdir('/') step

which is always going to ruin relative paths.

Your application precluding your web stack from being a daemon is a pretty big ask, no?

Cheers
t0m