[Catalyst] Can't get view / template to work ?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Oct 30 23:00:06 GMT 2012

On 30 Oct 2012, at 16:52, Craig Chant wrote:

> I seem stuck with implementing my first view / template.
>
> I have a controller Login.pm
>
> I ran the view helper script ‘create view HTML HTML::template’

This can't possibly have worked? You mean create view HTML HTML::Template right?

> As per the tutorial I’ve added the following to the config section of MyApp.pm
>
>     TEMPLATE_EXTENSION => '.tp',

This needs to be inside the following block

>             #Set the location for templates files
>             INCLUDE_PATH => [
>                 __PACKAGE__->path_to( 'root', 'src' ),
>             ],
>         },
>
> I have created a template in ‘root/src/login’  of login.tp
>
> In my controller I have …
>
> sub login :Path :Args(0) {
>     my ( $self, $c) = @_;
>
>     $c->stash(template => 'login.tp');
>
> }
>
> But all I get is…

No idea.

> What am I doing wrong?

Not showing us the full debug output of starting the server and making the request.

Sorry to be harsh - but it's impossible to divine what code your app is running without that output…

Cheers
t0m