[Catalyst] Best-practices question: caching a search

Francisco Obispo fobispo at isc.org
Sat Sep 15 19:55:31 GMT 2012

Some databases provide means to return a specific set of records, and even an offset,

In DBIx::Class, when you search, you can actually specify the "page" as an option [1],

if you're not querying against a database, you might want to use something like Memcached or the like to store your resultset and paginate accordingly.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#ATTRIBUTES