[Catalyst] Testing with 5.8 and 5.9 on one system

Hugh Barnard hugh.barnard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:51:11 GMT 2012

Hi folks

I am currently working on [a clients] Catalyst application that has
problems with 5.9 and works with 5.8. I'm doing this on their system so I'd
prefer to be minimally invasive too.

My current though is to install 5.9 in my home directory on their system
using local::lib:
earch.cpan.org/~apeiron/local-lib-1.008004/lib/local/lib.pm and then switch
between the two by modifying the use statements for the tests.

However, I'd welcome any suggestions, experiences and/or tips when doing
something like this. The ideal is [for me] two VMs or two systems but that
isn't currently an option.

Best regards Hugh Barnard

-- =

http://www.hughbarnard.org