[Catalyst] Argh! Trying to upgrade Catalyst -- getting "Can't use string as a HASH ref..."

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Mon Apr 1 13:25:40 GMT 2013

Ah yes, crikey! wrong Makefile.PL!

Running Makefile.PL for Catalyst::Runtime griped only that "*
Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst*" was out of date. We updated that via cpanm
so now Makefile.PL has no complaints...

Still "can't use string as a HASH ref" tho :( when we try to use the Cache
plugin.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2013, at 19:58, will trillich <will.trillich at serensoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm. I don't see anything out of line here...?
> >
> > $ perl Makefile.PL
> > include /home/will/projects/perl-mvc/Waste/inc/Module/Install.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Metadata.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Base.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Makefile.pm
> > Cannot determine perl version info from lib/Waste/Web.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Catalyst.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Include.pm
> > include inc/File/Copy/Recursive.pm
> > *** Module::Install::Catalyst
> > Please run "make catalyst_par" to create the PAR package!
> > *** Module::Install::Catalyst finished.
> > include inc/Module/Install/Scripts.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/AutoInstall.pm
> > include inc/Module/AutoInstall.pm
> > *** Module::AutoInstall version 1.04
> > *** Checking for Perl dependencies...
> > [Core Features]
> > - Test::More                                             ...loaded.
> (0.98 >=3D 0.88)
> > - Catalyst::Runtime                                      ...loaded.
> (5.90020 >=3D 5.80032)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader                         ...loaded.
> (0.32)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple                       ...loaded.
> (0.29)
> > - Catalyst::Action::RenderView                           ...loaded.
> (0.14)
> > - Moose                                                  ...loaded.
> (2.0801)
> > - namespace::autoclean                                   ...loaded.
> (0.13)
> > - Config::General                                        ...loaded.
> (2.49)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Session                              ...loaded.
> (0.29)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC                 ...loaded.
> (0.11)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie               ...loaded.
> (0.17)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication                       ...loaded.
> (0.10016)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password ...loaded. (0)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles                 ...loaded.
> (0.08)
> > - Catalyst::Plugin::Cache                                ...loaded.
> (0.09)
> > - DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached                            ...loaded.
> (1.000001)
> > *** Module::AutoInstall configuration finished.
> > include inc/Module/Install/WriteAll.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Win32.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Can.pm
> > include inc/Module/Install/Fetch.pm
> > Writing Makefile for Waste::Web
> > Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
> > Writing META.yml
> >

> That's your app's Makefile.PL

> [...]

-- =

 Will Trillich :: 812.454.6431

=93Grading takes away all the fun from failing. And a huge part of education
is about failure.=94  -- Shimon Schocken