[Catalyst] Slash character in argument of request URL

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Mon Apr 8 10:52:25 GMT 2013

Good evening,

On 8/04/13 at 12:28 PM +0200, Jaro Zajonc
<jaro.zajonc at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'd expect that Catalyst would create 3 arguments out of it, however it
>will unescape last argument, and so I will have 4 arguments in reality.

Are you sure Catalyst is unescaping the argument and not the web
server itself? We had that problem with apache, so
double-encoded the arg. But then we switched to lighttpd and
then double-encoding was a problem. Plus the dev boxes handling
it differently again we just made sure to avoid having slash in
the args (we encoded the whole arg to be free of any 'special' characters).

I'm interested in how others have handled this though since the
encoding we're doing makes for a very long arg.

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt