[Catalyst] Catalyst starter template

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 12:46:41 GMT 2013

Ynon++

You might want to look at=A0https://metacpan.org/module/Template::Tiny for =
templating, I don't think we need all of TT

John

catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk> =

>Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:36 AM
>Subject: Re: [Catalyst] Catalyst starter template
> =

>Hi,
>

>I think it should be easy enough to translate my code to the suggested cat=
alyzer form.=A0
>I'll do the coding and update.
>

>Then we'll be able to start writing templates.
>

>Cheers,
>=A0 Ynon
>

>On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 22:28, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>

>>________________________________

mething pure Perl to make it trivial to install.

>>=A0 =A0 cpanm CatalystX::App::ProjectBuilder
>>

>>and then that would install a commandline app that took a configuration f=
ile of key values and either a url or name of an installed CPAN distributio=
n with the templates

>>=A0 =A0 =A0cat myconfig | catalyzer http://github.com/path_to_something
>>

>>where myconfig would just be a hash ref
>>

>>=A0 =A0 {
>>=A0 =A0 =A0 name =3D> ...
>>=A0 =A0 =A0 ....
>>=A0 =A0 }
>>

>>and the url would be a repo with templates, probably using something ligh=
ter than template toolkit

>>You'd need to be able to specify some values via the commandline I guess
>>

>>=A0 cat myconfig | catalyzer --namespace MyApp::Web --template http://git=
hub.com/path_to_something

>>that would probably work well for just being a project directory and file=
 builder. =A0It would do some of the stuff that puppet or chef does, like i=
nstall mysql, and all that. =A0These are probably overlapping concerns, and=
 I think having something like ^^ would be pretty easy to do and also I thi=
nk really, REALLY helpful to people using Catalyst.

>>I know if such a think existed I'd put some templates on github pretty qu=
ick.

>>If someone wants to take this on, I'd be happy to assist.
>>

>>John
>>

>>>On 17 Aug 2013, at 20:21, Ynon Perek <ynonperek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>Hi All, =

 to the base template you get for a new project. Currently it adds: