[Catalyst] Plack::Middleware::ContentLength problem

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Dec 21 15:36:41 GMT 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM, neil.lunn <neil at mylunn.id.au> wrote:

My article today actually (http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2013/2=
1),
> even though I'm actually talking here about the above case.

Just a note on the Advent article.

Thanks for writing that up.   It's a well-written article and clearly
explains the issue I was facing and the fix you provided to me.  One thing
I really like about the Advent articles is that I learn new ways to do
things.   For example, I wasn't aware of namespace::sweep and never thought
about overriding the -X filetests.   I just set the content length manually
now in the Controller along with the body.

I'm was also very happy to see you building this into a model at the end.
I sometimes wonder if that is not stressed enough when learning Catalyst.
I see a lot of code written into controllers at work that should really be
models.  I will pass the link to the Advent article around.

In my specific situation for this problem I already had a model.   The
gzipped files are stored on a distributed file system and I already had a
model class for fetching files.  I just extended that to handle these
gzipped files.    But, I think your solution is a bit more elegant and,
well, more correct because it can be used more widely.

Thanks,