[Catalyst] New stable and development versions on CPAN

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Mon Dec 23 15:18:29 GMT 2013

On 24/12/2013 1:20 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> ---
> Thanks Neil, I think a lot of people sometimes forget that the Catalyst object is really in the end just a class.  --jnap

I tend to generally agree that a lot of "Catalyst::Plugin::*" stuff is a
"giant bag of Blue meth" that we all need to ween ourselves off of.
Config structures and logging implementation are always best
"externalized" along with general Domain logic with any application. By
"externalized" I mean, outside the "framework" in a manner that they
just work when implemented by themselves, without the "framework's" help.

At the risk of entering into a rant, I prefer a class factory approach
to applying "Roles/mixins" to plain classes. Something that the Java
"POJO" crowd got right.

Keen to fix up a lot of this stuff. As simply moving "::Plugin*" guff to
applied roles, Probably code cahanges and new modules in preference to
'Plugin', and Ideally having good DI on top of Catalyst. That is
sensibly consumed. It would be nice to pull in config and service
locators from something external and that was itself configuration file
aware.

BTW. Good work on the native file handle and psgi.streaming support, +If
#miyagawa will patch up Plack::Util::content_length as suggested, then
Catalyst in new release should work just the same as before but with new
improvements and performance.

Neil

---