[Catalyst] Windows Deployment

Tadhg tadhg.daley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:18:19 GMT 2013

Hi All,

I=92m trying to deploy a simple Catalyst application for internal users, so=
don=92t need anything fancy load balancing or proxy servers etc.

My environment,
Server: Windows 2003 server 32 bit
Dev Client: Windows 7 64 bit
Perl: 5.14.12 32 bit
Catalyst: 5.90018

I=92ve had a look at the deployment page on the Catalyst Wiki, which gives a
good indication of what sould work (though I think some of it may be out of
date). Each option I try leads to a roadblock, so I start down a new path
with the same result.

My no doubt misguided impressions are, Nginx/Lighttpd have limited win
support, Acache is difficult and so not recommended and IIS needs Apache
and FastCGI and is therefore doubly complex.

What I=92d like is somebody to tell me what they have working on windows, or
even better what the best/least painful solution is?

If appropriate I=92ll then update/extend the wiki.

Thanks,
Tadhg
Win-Noob