[Catalyst] Catalyst server won't start

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:15:05 GMT 2013

I am trying to start a Catalyst development server but it fails with the error:

  Attribute (_inotify) does not pass the type constraint because: Validation
failed for 'Linux::Inotify2' with value undef at constructor
File::ChangeNotify::Watcher::Inotify::new

this is fixed by either removing the -r option, or uninstalling Linux::Inotify2.

I'm not sure why this error has suddenly occurred. Anyone have ideas?

It occurs with Catalyst 5.90019 and 5.90011 and Catalyst::Devel 1.37 and 1.36.