[Catalyst] Problems with authentication (LDAP and Minimal)

Robert Wohlfarth rbwohlfarth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:38:46 GMT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM, user01 <user01 at kyberwelt.de> wrote:
<snip>

> which (as i do understand) uses a registered datamodel. OTOH the manpages
> for
> other authentication Methods such as
> "Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP"
> are using a configuration splitting things up into credetial-verification
> and storage-config if i am getting this right. There is nowhere an remark
> about having this datastore somehow registered as model. FE:
>
> __PACKAGE__->config(
>   'authentication' =3D> {
>      default_realm =3D> "ldap",
>      realms =3D> {
>        ldap =3D> {
>          credential =3D> {
>            class =3D> "Password",
>            etc etc ...
>          },
>          store =3D> {
>            class =3D> "LDAP",
>            binddn =3D> "a=3DDN, b=3Dto, c=3Dbind, d=3Dwith",
>            bindpw =3D> "supersecret!",
>            etc etc ...
> }}}});
>
> But using this in MyApp just gives me the error "Could not find
> authentication realm 'default'". Of course i tried renaming the realm to
> "default" :)

</snip>

I've used this configuration successfully in a couple of apps.

<Plugin::Authentication>
<default>
<credential>
class NoPassword
</credential>
<store>
class       LDAP
ldap_server ldaps://ldap.domain:636
binddn      uid=3Duser,ou=3Dgroup,dc=3Ddomain
bindpw      password
user_basedn ou=3Dpeople,dc=3Ddomain
user_field  uid
user_filter (uid=3D%s)