[Catalyst] Catalyst with HTTP authentication

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:10:16 GMT 2013

I have a project that requires using HTTP authentication.

There is a Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP module, but from the
documentation, it does not seem to support using htpasswd files, which I
need, because a separate web site will be using that file.

There is Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd, but it does not work
with Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP.

I'm not clear on how to do this, without having to write my own handlers for
HTTP authentication.