[Catalyst] Catalyst with HTTP authentication

Lukas Thiemeier spamcatcher at thiemeier.net
Mon Mar 11 15:37:39 GMT 2013

>From reading the docs, I don't see why
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd and
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP do not work together, but I
have not used any of them.

I am using Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Remote in a current
project. It lets the webserver do all the authentication. You can use
any authentication method and storage which is supported by your
webserver, including htpasswd files.

I am using Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Testing for
authentication when the webserver is not available (when running the
catalyst test-server during development).

Maybe this is an option for you...

cheers, Lukas