[Catalyst] Setting an environment variable with the value of a header

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 14:18:13 GMT 2013

On 25/03/13 14:11 Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2013, at 11:51, Robert Rothenberg <robrwo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The issue is getting Catalyst to use the header in place of the
>> environment variable.
>

> Erm, the remote user Authentication::Credential::Remote comes from a
> header, not the environment already.

Really? It seems to use the REMOTE_USER variable when I've tried it.

Looking at the source code, it seems to check the environment.

If Plack is translating headers into special environment variables, then
it's a matter of telling A::C::Remote a different source.  What would be the
name?

> E.g. if you run an app as external FCGI, it has it's startup environment,
> but the remote user comes per-request down FCGI (as a header)…

I'm running the Plack server directly, not FCGI, and using a reverse proxy.