[Catalyst] How to get IP address of the interface which therequest come through

N.A. n-a at u01.gate01.com
Sun Mar 31 05:57:22 GMT 2013

Thank you all,

I can't find `more direct way of getting the IP address' nor way of
getting the network interface of the HTTP-request.  The following is
summary of what I learned from this ML and source code.

   -  'SERVER_ADDR' environment variable is not portable.
    PSGI  Specification says nothing on this variable.

   - It is HTTP server, not the Catalyst who chooses to support
    this variable or not.

    The lighttpd support 'SERVER_ADDR',
    the nginx needs additional configuration to support this, and
    HTTP::Server::PSGI(which is used by Catalyst test server) doesn't
    support.

  - In many cases, host name( '$c->req->uri->host' ) is more suitable
    because it is  IP version neutral.

N.A.