[Catalyst] Chained and exceptions

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu May 9 13:25:09 GMT 2013

I have a feeling I asked this before, but cannot find the post.

[info] Exception powered by Catalyst 5.90030

What's the reasoning that chained actions continue to run after an earlier
exception?

sub start : Chained( '/' ) : CaptureArgs(0) {
    warn "in start\n";
}

sub middle : Chained( 'start' ) : CaptureArgs(0) {
    warn "in middle\n";
    die "died in middle\n";  # or e.g. throw access violation
}

sub lastpart : Chained( 'middle' ) : Args(0) {
    my ( $self, $c ) =3D @_;
    $c->res->body( "finished\n" );
    warn "in lastpart\n";
}

$ script/exception_test.pl /start/middle/lastpart
in start
in middle
*in lastpart*
[error] Caught exception in Exception::Controller::Root->middle "died in
middle"

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org