[Catalyst] Re: Response traits.

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 15:31:44 GMT 2013

I think a patch that made sure strings being set to location conformed to t=
he expected standard would be very welcomed!

on the other hand I thought this was also caught by=A0

https://metacpan.org/pod/Plack::Middleware::Lint

as well? =A0In any case Catalyst response could reject any attempts to set =
->location with incorrect values.

The only thing is that people could still probably get around it by setting=
 headers directly. =A0I think for now we'll say if you do that we have to a=
ssume you know what you are doing!

John

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:03 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrot=
e:
 =

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrot=
e:

I'm currently recommending people take advantage of native PSGI support in =
the newer Catalyst and use Middleware for when you need to munge and or alt=
er the response (if its being done globally). =A0The interface is more stra=
ightforward.

Do you think that Catalyst::Response should validate the location provided =
to redirect()?

The issue that came up was a newline was ending up in the location provided=
 which resulted in a split response. =A0 =A0I was thinking of doing somethi=
ng like:

$self->location( URI->new( $location )->as_string );

But with perhaps a bit more error handling.

=A0

>johnn
>

>On Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:33 AM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wr=
ote:
> =

>On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> w=
rote:

>CatalystX::RoleApplicator
>Thanks. =A0That was what I was looking for. =A0 Just missed it when lookin=
g.

>-- =

>Bill Moseley
>moseley at hank.org =