[Catalyst] Setting file handle as the response body generates warnings.

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Wed Nov 27 14:03:18 GMT 2013

On 27/11/2013 4:28 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Awesome, send me a pull request :)
>
> https://github.com/perl-catalyst/catalyst-runtime
John.
The pull is there along with another doc patch I noticed when playing =

around with downstream PSGI invocations. I think the change is sane as =

it worked for me in a trivial test.

What I mentioned regarding subclassing ( or rather what I tested was =

more of a Moose delegation ) for such a class as IO::Compress::Gunzip =

and applying an overload seems rather trivial, though perhaps something =

people may come accross. Perhaps a doc patch to Catalyst::Manual or an =

Advent entry just for documentation sake.

Also passing $c->res->body is something I have used on a few occasions =

as something providing a "write" for streaming responses (and possibly =

non blocking). So keen to share any thoughts re doing this non-blocking =

for "read" on a future release.

Should we really be documenting some of the newer catalyst features in =

Cookbook? Or at least putting recipes in Advent . Event loop things, =

response from PSGI and how about Pocket::IO seem relevant.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protec=
tion is active.