[Catalyst] Optional path prefix

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 16:08:02 GMT 2013

I'd probably myself want some plack middleware that would convert

/api/v1/account/<id>/widget/<id>

/account/<id>/widget/<id>    with accept type application/mycompany.v1+json

But you could probably support changing the URL path pretty easily with either setting the controller namespace to have v1 in it, or adding a root tot he change that specifies the new extra path part.

I understand the development word seems to prefer making version part of the path.  depending on your logic and the type of changes introduced it may or may not be easier to take one approach or the other.

john