[Catalyst] Working a Solr Model

neil.lunn neil at mylunn.id.au
Mon Sep 30 07:53:40 GMT 2013

On 29/09/2013 5:54 PM, John Karr wrote:
> WebService::Solr only implements the LWP agent part of working with
> Solr, which still leaves one to extract the actual JSON what LWP gives
> you, plus it has fatal wide-character issues that "use utf8::all"
> isn't able to fix, and also does not support xml and csv (other
> formats solr can provide).
Actually will parse a response as a WebService::Solr::Document (or
actually a collection of) with accessors to fields and a to_xml method,
which I have used in production.

The LWP agent part can be set to what you want. Say,
AnyEvent::HTTP::LWP::UserAgent or other if you wish, which is good when
running Catalyst in an event environment. And as other format loaders
are just HTTP Post interfaces then you can just intropect the Agent (
->agent ) from WebService::Solr.

Have used the above to create 100MB XML documents and post those to Solr
server.