[Catalyst] New Development Release of the Next stable version of Catalyst on CPAN!
jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 02:59:00 GMT 2014
I'm please to announce Development 5 of Perl Catalyst "Runner". This replaces dev4, which had some issues with incorrect minimum versions of some new dependencies and as a result was broadly un-installable. Consolidated changes from the last development release:
5.90059_005 - 2014-01-28
- Specify newested versions of some middleware in attempt to solve test errors
reported while installing.
5.90059_004 - 2014-01-27
- Make sure IO handle objects do 'getline' before sending them to the
response callback, to properly support the PSGI specification.
- Added some backcompat code when setting a response body to an object
that does 'read' but not 'getline'. Added deprecation notice for this
case. Added docs to Catalyst::Delta.
- Catalyst::Delta contains a list of behaviors which will be considered
deprecated immediatelty. Most items have workarounds and tweaks you can
make to avoid issues. These deprecations are targeted for removal/enforcement
in the Catalyst 6 release. Please review and give your feedback.
- More middleware to replace inline code (upasana++)
- Documentation around Exceptions and how we handle them.
- update copyright notices.
I've blogged in more detail here regarding the status of Catalyst development, our progress in attaining our goals:
As mentioned in the blog we are getting near the end of the Runner development cycle, which is targeted to be released sometime in February. Please take the time to review the proposed changes and submit issue reports, or you concerns and thoughts either here in the mailing list, on on IRC.
cpanm --dev Catalyst
Code Repository: catagits at git.shadowcat.co.uk:Catalyst-Runtime.git
More information about the Catalyst