[Catalyst] UTF8 problems with plugin::encoding
list at fossilgroup.net
Mon Jul 21 12:23:59 GMT 2014
On 07/21/2014 12:57 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> Hey all,
> on most of my website running on (latest catalyst: 5.90065) i always get
> utf8 related errors.
I have no answer to your question, I just want to add something related.
Several days ago I created application with Catalyst, TT, FormFu and
PostgreSQL. Immediately after I put [% form %] into my template file,
encoding was broken. I spent several hours trying to fix it. Also, there
is Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode which seems to be deprecated,
Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding. Maybe it is just because I'm
relatively new to Catalyst and other stuff, but I think it is confusing.
It was necessary to 'use utf8', add 'ENCODING UTF-8' both for
Controller::HTML::FormFu and View::HTML into config file and set
pg_enable_utf8 => 1 for DBIC. Maybe it is possible to change Catalyst in
order to read/write encoding information only once and use it for whole
More information about the Catalyst