[Catalyst] Subject: Simple question: setting pre-set fields/creation actions in Catalyst::Controller::DBIC::API::REST

Hernan Lopes hernanlopes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:44:57 GMT 2014

first things first. In a restful environment, a client might create a
request with json content and a header that specifys the content type which
is being sent to the web server. The web server will receive that request
containing XYZ-content then it will look up the request header
"Content-Type" which must indicate that content being sent is
"application/json". Then, it can correctly parse that XYZ-content into the
proper content type and transform it into a perl structure that you can
store or do something else. Then, you will process that content and
generate a response for the requesting client. If your app will respond to
the client with a json content you must specify that into the response
header: content-type: "application/json". That way when the client receives
that response it will know the content is a json and correctly understand
it.

So you should get that working and understood before you can proceed. Check
if you are receiving some content in the correct controller.
Try do Dump the contents of $c->req and make sure you are getting the
correct contents with the respective content types.

cheers,

Hernan Lopes