[Catalyst] Opening existing PDF with Catalyst::View::PDF::API2

Ferruccio Zamuner nonsolosoft at diff.org
Sun Oct 12 18:51:20 GMT 2014

On 12/10/2014 19:56, Adam Witney wrote:
>>> I am trying to use Catalyst::View::PDF::API2 to open an existing PDF, modify it and then send it to the user.
>
>> Why did not use Catalyst::View::PDF::Reuse instead?
>
> Only really because it was last updated in 2010, and C::V::PDF::API2 had a recent update. Is that easier to use?

I don't think that time of last update is a good index of quality of a
module.

Anyway Catalyst::View::PDF::API2 was my first view for Catalyst
and I've used Catalyst::View::PDF::Reuse as starting template.

Sorry, I've just updated few documentation, and part you wanted was left
there for my mistake.

PDF::Reuse has built in capability to modify existing PDF, while
my view was bornt to permit the PDF::API2 interface from Template
Toolkit.

Anywa, thank you, I can improve the C::V::PDF::API2 POD and I'll insert
a note: look at Catalyst::View::PDF::Reuse if you want to use an
existing PDF.

Best regards,            \ferz