[Catalyst] Sending 3000 emails.

Andrew catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 18:55:51 GMT 2015

Or in simpler terms....

....my web app could just set a flag.
And I could have another perl script going as a cron job, that just checks the flag every hour, to see if it needs to send out the emails or not.

I'm curious in that case, how such a separate script gets bundled in with your Cataylst App, so you've got something you could move to another server easily if ever necessary.
Best to keep it simple for now of course, without complicating the matter.

Have never written a perl script to run as a cron job before.
I assume it's just like writing a perl cgi script - put your shebang at the top, and code like normal. The only difference is it's executed either as a cron job, or just whenever you fancy by typing the command line to run it.

Just thinking out loud.

Thoughts will eventually settle into a course of action, I'm sure, ^_^.