[Catalyst] Sending 3000 emails.

Andrew catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 17:15:38 GMT 2015

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Len Jaffe
  To: The elegant MVC web framework
  Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 10:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [Catalyst] Sending 3000 emails.

  On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Andrew <catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk> wrote:

    Exim itself should be the queue and processor shouldn't it?

  exim is not the job processor and queue. It is the Mail Transfer Agent (MTA). The job
  processor generates my email, and hands it off to exim for delivery.

  ---> Yes, that happens in your case. I was hoping I could get exim to be the thing running in the background that handles the mail, and my experiments showed it was able to be the queue for me. However, my Catalyst app, while no longer crashing, does fail to serve responses to a browser, until exim has everything in its queue, and as such, it seems I do indeed need a process, separate from my web app, to be passing those emails to the queue.

  Len Jaffe - Information Technology Smoke Jumper - lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
  614-404-4214    @LenJaffe  www.lenjaffe.com

  Host of Code Jam Columbus  - @CodeJamCMH
  Curator of Advent Planet - An Aggregation of Online Advent Calendars.