[Catalyst] STDERR/Debug/Log File

Andrew catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 10:52:15 GMT 2015

Worked a treat! Many thanks! =).

Yours,
Andrew.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick Kilter
  To: The elegant MVC web framework
  Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:35 AM
  Subject: Re: [Catalyst] STDERR/Debug/Log File

  Hi,

  did you tried "&> /tmp/logfile"? I tried it with my App and it redirected all the output in the given Textfile.

  Best Regards,

  Patrick

  Andrew <catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk> schrieb am Di., 15. Dez. 2015 um 08:41 Uhr:

    Couldn't find a clear answer via google, so am choosing to pick your brains on this....

    How does one get error information, for debugging, going into a text file instead of to the terminal window?

    The context is a Catalyst App started via a Plackup command.
    Do I add something to that command line command (does 2> work with plackup?),
    or do I add something to the script in my Catalyst app?

    Either way, I'd like STDERR to go to a specified text file, instead of to the terminal window.

    It sounds stupidly simple, only a few google searches later, the answer is still surprisingly unclear, =S.

    Grateful for any help.

    If there's more than one way to do it, any advice on best practice also appreciated.

    Yours,
    Andrew.