[Catalyst] Advent Calendar... Grant proposal...

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 20:08:54 GMT 2015

From:
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2014/21

"I've also considered making a request for a grant from the Perl Foundation
in order to work on these docs, and wonder what you all think of that :)"

I think that one of the main use of Perl is to create web apps.
And the best way of creating web apps is by using a web framework.
And the most developed web framework for Perl is Catalyst.
But those who prefer other frameworks do it because they consider Catalyst
too complex and hard to understand.
So yes, a more clear documentation for Catalyst should be very helpful.
Newbies might have the time and willing to write it, but they might not know
what to write. :)
So... applying for a grant to do it may be the solution.

--Octavian