[Catalyst] Advent Calendar... Grant proposal...

Robert Brown rob at intelcompute.com
Sat Jan 3 20:48:58 GMT 2015

I find that getting involved in a project like Catalyst is much like
releasing your own CPAN module - possibly daunting at first, hence some
reluctance?

 From my own experience only, it took years to finally find something I
was comfortable to release, but when I did, it then starts to flow.

To me, it's all about that initial involvement... that first step, and
making it as painless as possible.

Maybe I've been skipping things recently, do we have a roadmap?  A
simple list of issues, bugs, and feature-requests?  Something
Trello-esque maybe?
and as small as possible?

Do we have a documented workflow?  Perhaps even down to copy & paste
commands to cut a branch, etc.

I'd personally love to pick up a simple documentation "fix" to get
involved.  More to get a feel of actually contributing back to the
codebase, as simple as that sounds, I feel it may be a huge stumbling
block for most.

If we make simpler, we may have more success?

Just some random 2-cents...