[Catalyst] Error: "You requested a stash, but one does not exist" #2

Bernhard Bauch bauch at zsi.at
Wed May 20 21:08:02 GMT 2015

Hey again,

> You could fake it by giving your instance a request object.

actually in my usecase, i already do fake a request object...
but that does not help either :(

looks like this.....

> my $c = MyApp->new();

my $base_url = "http://somedomain.com";
my $uri_path = '/';
my $uri = \$uri_path;
bless $uri, 'URI::http';

my $base = \$base_url;
bless $base, 'URI::http';

# load request
$c->request(Catalyst::Request->new({
	'cookies' => {},
	'base'    => $base,
	'uri'     => $uri,
	'secure'  => 1,
	'headers' => HTTP::Headers->new,
	'_log'      => $c->log,
}));

> my $val = "12345";
> $c->stash->{val} = $val;
>
> my $stash = $c->stash->{val};
> print "from stash: $stash\n";

I needed to have a request object to have
	$c->uri_for(....);
working for my commandline script to be able to generate real URIs.

Do i need to add further magic while creating request object, so that stash would also work ? tried to

> But tell me more about the use case
the CLI scripts are triggering different actions from Controllers and using the stash to passaround data from action to action or make some data available to all actions..
i guess that did not help much ;)

cheerz
bernhard

—