[Catalyst] Sending 3000 emails.

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Thu Nov 26 16:49:34 GMT 2015

Hi Andrew,

> You lot are all experts at Catalyst and Perl,

I am no expert in Catalyst or Perl, but I have learned a thing or two
about email in my career.

I have found the best way for people to send butt-loads of emails to
members is to use mailing list software.  This generally involves also
running a mail server, so it's not a solution from within catalyst or
perl, but it is almost certainly possible to have a catalyst app manage
subscribing/unsubscribing/verifying users from a mailing list, and then
when it comes time to send a mail to everybody, the app only needs to
send a mail to one list address, and let the mail server do what it does
best: send mail...

Just a suggestion...