[Catalyst] KISS - Base Subroutines.

Andrew catalystgroup at unitedgames.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 22:52:39 GMT 2016

Okay, no worries, I've done it now.

Created a folder called CommonUse to exist alongside Controller, View, and
Model folders, and hold perl modules that are commonly used, =).

Create a file in the folder.

Put my subroutine in the file.

Then in the controller I want to find the subroutine, where it normally
says:
BEGIN { extends 'Catalyst::Controller' }
...I switch it to say:
BEGIN { extends 'MyApp::CommonUse::File' }
....where MyApp is the name of my app, and File is the name of the perl
module file I created in the CommonUse folder.
Then that controller can call the subroutine, and everything seems to work,
=).

I read online, you could also put subrountines inside of Myapp.pm within the
lib folder, and all controllers could access it. I did try that, however, I
couldn't get it working, so any pointers on that appreciated.

Yours,
Andrew.