[Catalyst] Getting DBIC schema from outside Catalyst?

Robert Brown rob at intelcompute.com
Wed Mar 8 21:15:34 GMT 2017

Hi Jen,

You can use MyApp::Schema outside of Catalyst:

my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect( $ENV{ LIVE } ? 'live' : 'dev' );

(I'm additionally using DBIx::Class::Schema::Config to be able to
connect to different servers by using different config files)

$schema->resultset('Instance')->search_rs(), etc.

Hope this helps,

Rob