[Catalyst] Encoding

Theo Bot thg.bot at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:22:24 GMT 2020

Hi,

I created a controller that requests data from a mysql database via another
module. The data in this case is a place in Germany called "Münster". In
the module that requests the data from mysql, with the mysql_enable_utf8
flag set to 1,  it is still correct just before it is returned to the
catalyst controller. But what it arrives in the controller someting has
changed. The original character values are:
77 - 252 - 110 - 115 - 116  - 101 - 114

But when they arrive in the controller it has changed into

77 - 195 - 188 - 110 - 115 - 116 - 101 - 114

And becomes unreadable. How do I handle this?
--

Kind regards

Theo