[DBD-SQLite] Status report

Kenichi Ishigaki kishigaki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 03:14:28 GMT 2009

Hi. As there're several active bug reports and new features,
I think it may be useful to make it clear what I'm taking or
pending now.

1) As Dami's new collation_needed implementation turned out
to be leaking badly (as noted in a comment, we should free
the struct somehow), I tentatively disabled it, looking for
a better implementation (I may also need to disable no_accent
collation test which is somehow broken now).

2) DBD::SQLite seems to be leaking while executing statements
but only when you give an explicit database name to connect
(if you use a :memory: database, the leakage seems to be gone).
I've been investigating why it happens.

3) As for the DBD-SQLite and mod_perl issue reported on RT,
I couldn't reproduce the error, but I'm guessing it's probably
due to a sqlite3_ function before sqlite_error, which might
hide a real error(*). Anyway I need a solid test for this,
and I'm afraid fixing this would require rewriting several
tests (as error messages will change in some cases). So I've
been pending this until other things are settled.

* http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/errcode.html

4) For the improper utf8 tests issue, I'm wondering what's
the best solution. Just removing 'require utf8' line is easy
and I know the tests work fine without that line, but is
that good enough?

5) For {TYPE} attribute and SQL_IDENTIFIER_QUOTE_CHAR issues,
I'm afraid they also might break something. So I don't want to
include them in the next (dev) release that already has lots
of things to be tested.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Kenichi