[DBD-SQLite] Status report

Jonathan Yu jonathan.i.yu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 03:15:11 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Kenichi Ishigaki<kishigaki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:24:11 +0200, "Dami Laurent (PJ)" <laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch> wrote:
>
>>I can volunteer to work on this, but don't know how to detect leaks; what are
>>your tools ?
>
> As Jonathan said, I also use Valgrind (actually Test::Valgrind)
> on a debian VM. There might be something like that on Windows
> but I couldn't find it (or wasn't satisfied with what I found).
valgrind currently doesn't work on Windows. I read something the other
day about someone trying to compile it on Windows though:

http://blog.mozilla.com/nnethercote/2009/05/29/valgrind-on-windows/

I use Test::Valgrind too, which includes suppressions for Perl stuff,
making it just fantastic.

perl -MTest::Valgrind -e 'some_code'

Also note that Debian has both valgrind and libtest-valgrind-perl
packaged already (in unstable) so it's easy to install. Although
valgrind is broken on some OSes/architectures right now... we're
working on that :-) If you run i386 though you should have no problems
installing valgrind and libtest-valgrind-perl in Debian unstable.