[DBD-SQLite] Removing the on-by-default referential integrity.

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Wed Nov 4 04:07:59 GMT 2009

Adam Kennedy wrote:
> I really want to see at least one release where it's optional, so
> there's a window of time for people to do optional upgrading, rather
> than immediately forcing everything to fail.

I support your proposal, so go ahead as far as I'm concerned.  Make a
1.27-stable release now that has fk disabled (and ensure documentation is
appropriate about that), but everything else the same.

> The foreign key support has already broken code of mine, I was using
> the SQLite foreign key constraint syntax, so that ORM code generators
> could detect the table relationships and generate various methods.

I am curious though why your code broke.  If you were using the foreign key
constraint syntax to indicate table relationships, then didn't your data already
conform to the constraints as well?  If not then why?

-- Darren Duncan