[Fwd: Re: [sqlite] [DBD-SQLite] Re: SQLite bug ticket - build fails on sun4-solaris-64int 2.10]

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Sun Jan 3 21:50:55 GMT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [sqlite] [DBD-SQLite] Re: SQLite bug ticket - build fails on
sun4-solaris-64int 2.10
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 09:56:46 -0800
From: Roger Binns <rogerb at rogerbinns.com>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users at sqlite.org>
<4B3F0480.8080609 at rogerbinns.com>	<4B3F0786.50800 at darrenduncan.net>
<b8cb49a41001022047g2a07b1eem386cc95e40fcd675 at mail.gmail.com>

Adam Kennedy wrote:
> Unfortunately, we neither have the ability to run configure (as we
> don't have reliable access to /bin/sh or any of the other stuff it
> needs) or the ability to use a pregenerated static configuration
> across all platforms.

Well, you already pre-generate -DHAVE_USLEEP which doesn't exist on Windows
or older Unixen!  Your only workaround is to read/run the real configure to
see what kind of stuff it generates and then write your own tests to
generate the same flags.

GMTIME_R/LOCALTIME_R will affect performance if doing date/time code - not
having them means SQLite internally uses a mutex around calls to
gmtime/localtime which still leaves you vulnerable to bogus data if any
other non-SQLite thread in the program calls those functions.

The other flags mainly cover header file presence and you'll generally get
away without defines for them (unistd.h likely has everything anyway).  The
only likely gotcha is if you have extension loading enabled in which case
SQLite needs to know which header contains dlopen and friends.

Roger