[DBD-SQLite] [Fwd: Re: [sqlite] SQLite version 3.7.0]

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Thu Jul 22 18:31:07 GMT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite version 3.7.0
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:31:42 +0700
From: Dan Kennedy <danielk1977 at gmail.com>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users at sqlite.org>

On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
<snip>
> On that note, I got this report from someone on Windows:
>
>     Latest SVN trunk tested on win32 Strawberry perl v1.12.1 : all
> tests pass,
> no problem.
>
> ... and I was using a Unixen.

Is there any way your tests could be deleting a database
file while there is still an open sqlite connection to it?

With 3.7.0, if the underlying database file is unlinked
while you are connected to it, then you try to write to
the database, you get SQLITE_IOERR_FSTAT. Earlier versions
would continue writing without causing an error.

You cannot delete a file while it is open on windows, so
this doesn't come up on win32.

This happened with a couple of Tcl tests too.