[DBIx-Class-Devel] Summary of the AllHands 27.11.2012

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Mon Dec 3 18:19:59 GMT 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Torsten Raudssus <getty at cpan.org> wrote:

> At first, the next AllHands will be again at the same time, so on
> Tuesday, 4. December, 22:00 UTC (or 10pm UTC). I don't expect much
> from the next AllHands cause we already had lots of TODOs, from the
> first one, which still need to be fulfilled :). If you want specific
> topics talked about then, please mention them to me.

5PM EST.  Got it.  I'll be there, barring any work-related issues.

> - Documentation is still a badass topic ;) I think thats nothing new,
> but we came to the point that we try to gather comments from the
> experts (riba, mst) and the other people write the real POD. An
> important point was also here that we defined that riba and mst
> shouldn't write documentation, someone who is not 100% into the topic
> must do this.

That was part of my approach for some of my initial doc changes.  I
discovered DBIC about 2 years ago, so I've tried to make note of stuff that
sounds confusing from my stumbling from it.  Hence my changes around
"row" vs. "result", inheritance, etc.

(That branch is ready, but I'll save it for another thread.)

> - We again underlined that 5.8.3 is still the perl version we support
> minimum. I think its important to mention that here, cause its not
> written down. Technical longtime, the AllHands meeting is the only
> place where those kind of requirements should get changed. Everyone
> needs a voice here to stand up.

Probably need to figure out how long we are supporting that, and what
kind of indicators would we check to figure out when this version would
be too old.  (For example, oldest Debian release that uses Perl 5.8.)

--
Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>