[DBIx-Class-Devel] Sorry about the travis-spam

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Mon Dec 3 18:30:28 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:
> I didn't realize I have generated so much output :(
> I am disabling the email notifications until things stabilize.
> Builds still announced at irc.perl.org#dbic-smoke

This typically only occurs when we are playing around with Travis
itself, since we have to push things so many times.  On that note, I
think once the Travis branches and .travis.yml are stable, we can
safely turn email back on AND point IRC to the main room.

MST's initial complaints (which were justified) around the IRC spam
had to do with those kinds of pushes, plus the default 5 line message
(3 lines + join/part) per push.  We've refactored the IRC settings to
be a bit better (1+J/P lines, fail settings, branch filters), so it
should be a lot better for normal operation.

We should also have a general policy that if we're going to mess with
the Travis stuff in DBIC, then turn off the notifications temporarily
in that branch, and turn it back on before merging into master.

--
Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>